Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend GetAway!





This past 24th of July weekend was awesome! All I can say, is it was a much needed getaway! Do you ever feel like you just need to get away from life? Just take a break from it all, where you don't have to think about anything? I feel like this a lot and this weekend away was just the trick to get my mind off of things! I went down to Provo to hang out with my old roommate Marianne, I know what you are thinking, ( Mary and Marianne) trust me we get it all the time. I still see people who I use to live by when we were roommates and they always call me Marianne! It's very annoying! Anyways, I drove down on the 24th we had lunch and then off to the mall we went! I really think Shopping is my weakness! I love it!!! I heard a quote once that said, " If everyone was able to wear brand new clothes everyday it would get rid of depression." I fully agree! So shopping we went, where I spent way too much money, but it was worth it! Then we just hung out and watched a movie and stayed up and talked about old times! Friday Marianne had to work, but it was okay because she could take me along! She nannies for a family in Lehi, so we spent the day with a 2 year old little boy named Matthew and boy was he a cutie! Friday night, we decided to go down to salt lake to go to a Bee's baseball game! It was so much fun! I recommend it! I had never been before, but it was totally worth it. And besides you get to watch cute boys in their baseball uniforms, can't beat that! After the game we decided to meet up with an old friend, we went to Fat Cats and played pool! I never realized how bad I am at that game, but I blame it on my hand, it's not 100% better yet! Saturday morning I got up and realize it was time to go home and get back to reality, but then I thought I really have nothing to get back to Logan for and it's 2 hours back. Then I thought well it's also 2 hours to Vernal ( home) so I picked home, and it was off to Vernal! I met my parents on the front porch and we went out for Chinese (Canton City) my favorite! I love my parents to death, and I seriously think nothing makes me happier than spending time with them! My mom and me decided to make my dad watch 27 dresses, because I swear it is my life! My mom loved it, not too sure it was my dad's favorite though! Sunday I went to church with my mom, had dinner with my family, played with my niece Raeven and nephew Gabe, and then decided I really better head back to Logan! But all in all it was a great weekend! Nothing's better than spending time with old friends and family! Thanks for a wonderful much-needed weekend!

3 comments:

Spendlove said...

Mary, I love you to death. It was great having you here even for a little while. I love your pictures and I'm glad you had great weekend hope you have a great week.

Tara L. said...

I wish I was there. I miss you.

Pallas said...

I had SO much fun Mary! Thanks for coming....You ROck! and I will always love shopping with you! hehe...