Friday, August 1, 2008

A must read!

A friend told me about this book, and said that "You have to read it, it is so good!" Of course since I have been waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out, I was in need of a book to read until then. So I told my friend, "if you say so, I will read it." Wow, am I glad that I did! This book is amazing, it not only keeps you wanting more, but you will feel the spirit as you read it, and trust me you will bawl like a baby! I don't want to say that this book changed my life, because I wouldn't go to that extreme, but I will say that it changed the way I look at life! It also made me that much more grateful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! The story is about a girl and her struggle in high school, and by small and simple means great things come to past. It is a great story about how this girl finds the gospel in her life! This book has made me want to be a better person and live everyday to the best of my ability and serve others. It also made me realize that you really can't go through life without Faith in the Lord, knowing that He will make everything work out. I needed to realize that again, and know that He knows me better than anyone else and He knows the path I must follow, whether it is the path I want or not! I love this scripture and I think it goes great with what I am trying to say, Moroni 7:33 "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." Did that stick out to you like it did to me? If you have faith in Christ he will give you power!! That amazes me, I don't understand why it is so hard for the natural man to understand this easy concept, but it sure is. We let life get in the way, and lose sight of our Savior. All we need to do is have Faith in Him and he will give us power and strength to make it through our life. It's so easy, but why do we make it so hard? I hope this has help someone who needed to hear it, and even if it didn't it helped me. I really recommend this book it is great!

4 comments:

Spendlove said...

Mary you always are such an example to me. You and Tara are special daughters of Heavenly Father and I wonder why I was so blessed to have you be my daughters. I love you ducky.

Pallas said...

Oh Mary! I am so glad you liked the book! :) I feel the same way you do about it and I know it helped me look at my life differently! Thanks for being awesome!

Tara L. said...

Thanks for recommending this book to me Mary. I loved it. Love you, Tara

Spendlove said...

I miss you Mary Love, Mom