Wednesday, July 23, 2008

DESERT

So my sister sent this to me today, and all I could do was laugh, because it is so true! Living in Utah at my age (22) and not be married, is pretty much a sin, at least that is how it feels! Everyone of my friends from home are either married with kids, married with children on the way, married, or are getting married this summer! And then there is Mary all alone in the desert! Even my friends that I have met in Logan: Roommates, aquaintances, friends, co-workers are getting married on me! It's not like I am dying to get married because I honestly don't think I am old enough or even mature enough for it. And quite frankly, I'm not even ready to give my life up. Heaven knows, I like my shoes and I like to shop!!! But it just gets really tough when you live in Marriedville U.S.A and everytime I turn around there is a cute little couple strolling beside me and I am all ALONE! I sometimes wonder what is wrong with me because every boy that asks me out is WEIRD! and I mean weird! It's like a have a sign on my forehead that says "girls seeking strange boy," or "if you are a male who has problems, is weird, or otherwise seriously messed up please ask me out!" Seriously I have stories that would knock your socks off! But those will have to wait for another time or place! But really no need to feel sorry for me, in time my prince charming will find me, sorry that is way too cheesy for me! I'm sure some boy will walk into my life and all things will be turned upside down, but for now I will remain in my desert all alone being the 3rd, 5th, and 7th wheel with all my married friends!!

4 comments:

Tara L. said...

Mary, your crack me up. Somewhere there is a handsome prince looking for you. He will have a great catch. You have plenty of time. 22 is so young, and you will have the rest of your life to be married. Enjoy this time, it goes by really fast when you look back.

Spendlove said...

Mary I love you sooo much. I was 24 when the Handsome Prince walked into my life and I was way to young, Heavenly Father always has a plan for us we just have to be ready for what he wants for us. I love you tons.

Pallas said...

Your not alone! I will wander in the desert with you...haha...LOVE it.

Tara L. said...

Visit my blog, I have an award for you.