Monday, July 21, 2008


Yesterday, I went on a fun little road trip with my roommate Janeal to her nephew's 4th birthday party! It was a lot of fun to be able to spend the day with Janeal's family and enjoy how close her family is. They have a lot of fun together and it made me think of my family! If any of you reading this know me, you probably know I am the kind of person who DOESN'T LIKE TO show emotion! I would rather keep everything to myself, than to share my feelings. It doesn't really matter what it is about either, it could be about telling someone how much they mean to me, or telling someone something is really bothering me, it is just so hard for me to do. I just think why would anyone want to listen and waste their time on what I have to say! I would rather have everyone tell me their problems and let me be the listener. I know this is not a good trait, but that is just how I am. Anyway to get to the point, I'm going to spill the beans and let you know how much my family means to me!! Yesterday while spending all that time with Janeal's family I just could't stop thinking about my own family. I miss them so much!! I wish I lived closer to them, so on any given day I could just drive home and spend time with my family. All growing up, you would always hear how family is the most important and is the only thing that last forever, well this never hit me until I moved out and lived 4 hours from home. I use to laugh at my sister when I still lived at home, because no matter what, she would call home everyday. I swore up and down that I would never be like that! But what do you know, since the day I moved I have called home every night, sometime 2-3 times a day! It's sad I know, but I just had to let my family know that I am thinking about them, I don't want to miss out on anything that happens when I am not there. My friends in Logan make fun of me, for instance, one morning my oven caught on fire while baking muffins for my friend visting me. The first thing I did instead of the logical thing (like call the fire department of just try to put the fire out myself),was I called my mom! As lame as it sounds I knew she was the only one who could make the situation better at least in my mind she was. My family means the world to me and I hate that I don't live closer! It is days like yesterday, when it really hits me. I am so jealous of Janeal, it's only an hour drive down the freeway home for her. I know to most people an hour seems like a long time to drive home for dinner, but I would give anything to be that close! I just want my family to know how much I love them! I'm sure they know that, but just not the extent! I think I have the best family in the world and I wouldn't trade them for the world! I love you guys!

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

I love you to Mary! You know you could hope on the freeway and head here anytime you want. I would even make you dinner. I know it is more than an hour, but I am worth it, right!!

Spendlove said...

Mary well now you have done it my make-up is running down my face. I love you and miss you so much, I wish you were closer too, you'll never know how much you are missed, I sit here every night all alone and I ache for you and Tara. Ifeel I'm the only one in the world who has her daughters aand sister so far away.Love you tons.