Monday, September 29, 2008

FAMILY

My cute Dad and Mom
My Brothers, sister, and me. Look how little we are!

My mom with her grandkids, we are just missing Landon
My grandparents from both sides, my siblings and me the baby
Another nerdy picture of me with my brothers and sister!

This weekend I went home to Vernal to spend time with my family. It's always good to go home and see everyone! I really do miss them when I am not home! But this weekend wasn't one of the best weekends I have ever had because of various reasons. While I was home a few different things happened in my family; neither of them happened for the good, but I know they happened for a reason. If anything these trials that my family are going through, have taught me something new. I realized that no matter what happens in your life like trials and various problems we face in life, your family is always there! If someone wrongs you, someone you trust betrays you, or your just struggling, it doesn't matter your family will always be in your life. They will never leave your side and will love you no matter what! I totally understand why the Church of Jesus Christ is centered on the family. The family is the most important thing in our lives and we need to live each day to strengthen our families. This weekend I was able to go to the women's conference with my mom and sister, and Brother Uchtdorf spoke about how it is the women of the church responsibility to unite and strenghten families. It doesn't matter if you are single, married, divorced, or widowed, we all have a role in doing this. I think I really needed to hear that, so I could learn from it and apply it in my life. It was just what I needed to hear this weekend, so I can focus on my family and serve them in their time of need. I am so grateful for my family and all that they do for me. I hope I help them in life and as much as they are there for me. I am so glad that I have the gospel in my life because without it I would be totally lost. I am completely blest for the gospel and the wonderful family I have. I love them so much!

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

I love you too Mary. We are very lucky to have the family we have. Come see me soon ok.

Spendlove said...

My little Mary you add so much to our family, I grateful everyday for the woman you have become, I love you and Tara, Beau, Michael and Dad more than any of you know and some day we will all be an eternal family, I love You my little Ducky.