Sunday, November 23, 2008

GRATITUDE!


In lou of Thanksgiving I decided I better make a post of gratitude! Today at church I learned many great lessons about being grateful. And I realized that I need to have a little more gratitude in my life. The other day I read my old roommates blog and she had posted a quote about gratitude and then today while listening in Relief Society I heard it again. I wanted to share it because I think it is a great quote. It says,

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." - Melody Beattie

I think that quote pretty much sums it up! We all need to learn to be a little more grateful for the things we have whether they are small or large. All of us are so blest! I realized today that life is never going to turn out the way I want it to, so I need to step back and look at what I do have and be grateful. Because no matter how bad I think my life is, IT'S NOT THAT BAD! In church we also talked about starting a gratitude journal and I'm sure many of you have heard of these, but I think it is a great thing. Everyday you write 5 things that you are grateful for, so today my 5 things are: My family, my friends, the gospel, my testimony, my job. Those are only a few, but you get the point. We have so much to be thankful for and our attitudes are a reflection of how we express our gratitude. I know that I haven't always been as grateful for things that I should be, because I was too worried about poor me. But today I realized I have way too much to be thankful for! I am completely blest! So I hope you can all realize the blessing you have in your life and be a little more grateful for them!

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

I am grateful for you Mary!

Spendlove said...

Mary, I love you and I'm very grateful that you are my daughter.