Monday, July 6, 2009

Viva Las Vegas


What a week! Last week my mom, dad and myself went down toLas Vegas to see my sister and her family. We managed to do a whole lot, but then not alot at the same time. It was a lot of fun to spend time with my family and see all there was to see. The first day we were there we went up to Red Rock canyon. It was pretty, but way to hott to be hiking around. 108 degrees is not my idea of a good time. We also went and saw a free movie with the kids and had our picture taken in front of the Wecome to Las Vegas sign. It was pretty funny to see several brides and grooms having there wedding pictures in front of the sign. Some day maybe I will be able to do that! ;) We went to the Beligo and saw the fountain and the garden it was pretty cool cause they had real birds in the garden. We also went on a tour to the Ethel M's Chocolate Factory. Which anyone who knows me knows that I love chocolate so I pretty much ejoyed myself. We finished off our trip with a lot of swimming and fireworks for the 4th of July. It was a blast hanging out with my sister's beautiful kids, but we did have one mishap. My sister has a coffee table in her front room and the top of it is glass. All week we kept telling the kids to stop climbing on it because we didn't want to have to glass break. Well on the 4th we were getting ready to leave to go see fireworks and I sat on the edge of the table where there is wood to put my nephews shoes on. Yes I was holding my 1 year old nephew. I didn't really thinking I was sitting on the glass, but apparently I have a big but. My 3 year old niece saw me sitting there so she decided to climb up and just like that, my niece, myself, and my nephew went right through the glass. OOPS! It could have been a lot worse than it was. We only had two cuts, one on my nieces back and one on my ankle. Nothing like making you feel like a totally fatty then breaking through a coffee table. Sorry about the coffee table sister! Other than that we had great time in Fabulous Las Vegas.




My sister, mom, myself and Lindsay at Red Rock Canyon







The birds at the Belligo



The Factory workers at Ethel M's








All of us at the movie, we all look like rag muffins!




Lindsay








Landon












Landon and Me at the fireworks!

4 comments:

Tara L. said...

Thanks for coming Mary. It was fun to have you. Don't stress about the coffee table. It was only a matter of time. That is why I was always telling the kids not to climb on it. No one ever listens to me. I am just glad it was not worse, and you are not a fatty. Love you!!!

Spendlove said...

Mary I love the pictures and you are not a fattie, I love and miss you.

Ashley Wood said...

Hey you! It looks like you had a blast on your trip!! I miss you so we need to get together soon!! Lets make a purse together!!! And drink Diet Coke.... get a pedicure.... eat out......eat ice cream..... egg Holly's house... Oh we will have a blast!

Mike and Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I'm with you though, 108 degrees sounds a little too warm for me to! I can't believe you guys fell through the coffee table! Yeah...I'm glad no one got hurt, but it's still hilarious!