Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing better than a Good Friend and a Soccer Game!

The players getting ready to start!


The flags of all the countries participating in soccer

The national anthem with the biggest flag I have ever seen.



They had two skydivers come onto the field to deliver the game ball!

As most of you know the MLS All-Star game was last night in Salt Lake. And you better believe I would be there. There is nothing I love more than a soccer game. There is just something about the sun beating into your eyes, the smell of a mixture of fresh cut grass and the sweat, and looking at 22 hot men run around. I know it sounds weird, but I absolutely love it. And what more can you ask for then watching the best of the best play the game while watching it with a great friend. I definately had a blast. Even though the All-Star team lost, it was still a very intense and exciting game. The game ended in a 1-1 tie so they determined the game in a shoot out. I personally feel like this is the worst way to lose, but it was awesome to watch. I have never seen a perfessional soccer game be determined that way, they usually go into over time until someone scores. For those of you who don't know what a shoot out is, it is where 5 players from each team take turns taking a shot on goal. It is between the player and the goalie. So the first round of 5 started and it ended up being a tie again with 3-3. So then they start another round but this time it is just 1 player goes from one team and then one from the other until one misses. So it started Everett FC went and scored, then all-stars were next and they missed so that ended the game. But I will tell you it is so excited watching a shoot out. I had such a great time and I can't wait for the World Cup qualifier in September!

3 comments:

Tara L. said...

Glad you had fun Mary!

Spendlove said...

Mary glad you had a good time, I miss you.

Dave and Alisha said...

I have been wanting to go to one of the games.. maybe if I ever get to I will call you. It looks like you have been having fun, Im guessing you like provo.
So I was thinking we should take a trip down to sophies sometime?? yeah, maybe?/?